North Sydney Girls' High School opened in 1914 with an enrolment of 194 girls and quickly gained the status of a "first class high school". The original buildings on the corner of Hazelbank Road and the Pacific Highway were extended over the years. By the 1980s, the accommodation was cramped and failed to meet current educational needs. Years of intense lobbying for better facilities followed.
The campaign eventually succeeded when the government, having decided to close Crows Nest Boys' High, transferred the girls to expanded and refurbished accommodation on the former boys' school site. In December 1993, the school moved to its present location. As a result of the move, enrolment numbers were increased and new subjects offered.
Contexte géographique et culturel
Textes de référence
Gestion des archives courantes et intermédiaires et politiques de collecte
To preserve the School's archival records and to acquire memorabilia from ex-students.
North Sydney Girls' High School: Admission registers, photographs, miscellaneous school records and school magazines, 1914 to date (20m).
Instruments de recherche, guides et publications
Zone de l'accès
Open by appointment. [NOTE: Archives not accessible in 2018, due to a move.]
Conditions d'accès et d'utilisation
Zone des services offerts
Services d'aide à la recherche
Reference assistance available in person and by telephone.
Services de reproduction
Copying services for original records to A3 size and photographs.
Zone du contrôle
Identifiant de la description
Identifiant du service d'archives
Règles et/ou conventions utilisées
Niveau de détail
Dates de production, de révision et de suppression
Revised 18 May 2018
Notes relatives à la mise à jour de la notice
Éducation (Thematic area)
365 Pacific Highway (Pacific Highway and Cnr David Street), Crows Nest Sydney, New South Wales 2065