Primary contact365 Pacific Highway (Pacific Highway and Cnr David Street), Crows Nest
Sydney, New South Wales 2065
North Sydney Girls' High School opened in 1914 with an enrolment of 194 girls and quickly gained the status of a "first class high school". The original buildings on the corner of Hazelbank Road and the Pacific Highway were extended over the years. By the 1980s, the accommodation was cramped and failed to meet current educational needs. Years of intense lobbying for better facilities followed.
The campaign eventually succeeded when the government, having decided to close Crows Nest Boys' High, transferred the girls to expanded and refurbished accommodation on the former boys' school site. In December 1993, the school moved to its present location. As a result of the move, enrolment numbers were increased and new subjects offered.