Primary contact91 Pacific Highway, Hornsby
Sydney, New South Wales 2077
Barker College is an independent coeducational Anglican school located in Hornsby, Sydney.
It had its beginnings as a privately owned boys’ school in 1890 in Kurrajong run by Rev Henry Plume. It was named after the second bishop of Sydney, Frederic Barker. The school moved to its present location in Hornsby in 1896 and, in 1919, its ownership was transferred to the Church of England.
The arrival of girls in Years 11 in 1975 was the beginnings of coeducation, with the school transitioning to full coeducation by 2022. For further information, see https://www.barker.college/about-barker/our-heritage
The Archives was established in the 1960s by the Master in Charge of History, Mr Stuart Braga, as a result of his research for 'A Brief History of the School' written for the occasion of the seventy fifth anniversary of the foundation of the school in 1965. He began seeking and collecting the records of the school's early history. For further information, see https://www.barker.college/about-barker/our-heritage/archives-of-barker
The Barker College Archives contains the official records and memorabilia of the School, its associations (eg the Old Barker Association, Barker College Parents Association, The Barker Foundation) and of individuals associated with the School (eg staff, alumni, Council members).
The Archives is happy to receive donations from all members of the Barker College community.