Contacto principal60 Fifth Avenue, Rossmoyne
Perth, Western Australia 6148
In their present form, the Archives of the Pallottine Fathers and Brothers - Australian Region are of recent origin. In the early 1990s Br Wim van Veen had been given the task of collating the history of the Pallottine Mission, Tardun (opened in 1948). In 1997 Fr Kelvin Kenny SAC was appointed as Archivist, to establish some sort of order in the documents that were accumulating in all Pallottine houses around Australia.
The Pallottines had come to Australia in 1901 to take over the Trappist missions to the Aboriginal people of Beagle Bay in the Kimberley region of Western Australia. In 1935 the Pallottine superior was appointed Bishop. Thus he was both the superior of the Pallottines in Australia and Vicar Apostolic of the Kimberley. When Broome became a diocese, all earlier records held in Broome became Diocesan records and part of the Diocesan archives.
The material in this archives dates from the early 1930s when the Society established a community in Kew, Victoria. The Australian Region was promulgated in November 1946 and Kew was the headquarters. The Regional headquarters moved to Rossmoyne, Western Australia in 1984 and back to Kew in 2014.
The main collection is controlled from the rear of the Epiphany Hall at 60 Fifth Avenue, Rossmoyne, Western Australia. There are parts of the collection that reside at Pallotti College, Box Hill, Kew, and at other houses in the west.
(For more information, see https://www.pallottine.org.au/history/archives.html)