Primary contact12 Selbourne Road, Kew
Melbourne, Victoria 3101
Ruyton Girls' School was established by Mrs Charlotte Anderson in her Kew home in Melbourne in 1878. The school grew quickly, and moved to two other sites in the district before finding a purpose-built home in A'Beckett St, Kew between 1888 and1919. In 1920, Ruyton moved to its current home, Henty House (built in 1872 ) in Selbourne Road, under then Principal, Miss Hilda Daniell.
Ruyton has always been a self-sufficient school, surviving difficulties that saw the demise of many similar schools that existed more than a century ago. Ruyton has remained free of church and state control, and continues to celebrate its heritage and proud reputation as one of Melbourne's oldest independent girls' schools. It caters for students from early learning through to senior years.