Primary contact55 Mont Albert Road, Canterbury Postal address: PO Box 151, Balwyn Vic 3103
Melbourne, Victoria 3126
Camberwell Grammar School, founded in the nineteenth century, caters for boys from four year olds through to those in senior years.
In 1886, A B Taylor founded a small school for boys at St John's Anglican Church near Camberwell Junction. The school moved to Burke Road, Camberwell in 1908. Then in 1934 the Canterbury campus was established with the purchase of the landmark mansion, 'Roystead', which remained the focal point of the school's expansion over the next 80 years.
Although there has always had a Junior School in some form (starting with eight year-olds and then, in the 1930s, taking on boys under six), in 1980 the school purchased 'Norge' as the official home to the Junior School. It was redeveloped in 2010 with the addition of a second storey library and staff facilities.