Primary contactPB127, Building P, Footscray Park Campus, Ballarat Road, Footscray
Melbourne, Victoria 3011
The University Archives were established by the Council of the then Victoria University of Technology in 1992 in co-operation with the Office of the University Secretary and Registrar. The role of the Archive was 'to preserve the records and associated materials of the University and its predecessor institutes in compliance with the Public Records Act 1973 and as a service to future researchers.'
Records date from 1916 with the establishment of the Footscray Technical School. For further information about the history of Victoria University see http://www.vucentenary.com.au/our-story
The Archives holds the official University records documenting the history, policy and activities of the University and the institutions from which it has developed.
Private papers of University academics and other persons associated with the University and predecessor institutes, including schools, technical colleges, and institutes are also held.
Papers of meetings of University Council and Committees, course handbooks, correspondence files, curriculum material, reports, and other records that document the activities and administration of Victoria University and its predecessor institutes, from 1916 to the present.
The Archive include records documenting the teaching programs, histories, policies, and other activities of: