Primary contact87-129 Pennant Hills Road, North Parramatta
Sydney, New South Wales 2124
Founded in 1831 by Bishop Broughton, The King's School opened on 13 February 1832 in rented premises, now known as Harrisford, George Street, Parramatta. The School moved to O'Connell Street in 1836, and then to its present site at "Gown Brae" during 1955-1968.
The Museum Collection began under the auspices of Master Mr Coombes during the 1880s. In 1907 Mr Corr opened the first School Museum and actively collected "Curiosities" and School based items.
The current facility was built in 1974 and named after long-term Master and Registrar, Mr Robert Robertson (at the school from 1922 to1971), who in a part-time capacity collected what has become the basis of the Archive Collection.
Records pertaining to the administration of the School and entities within the School such as Cadets, and the Old Boys' Union.
Memorabilia relating to individual's school careers, photographs, objects, ephemera, diaries, art works and sporting records, including some AAGPS (Athletic Association of Great Public Schools of NSW) records.