Strathcona Baptist Girls Grammar School is a private girls school that caters for girls from Early Learning to Year 12.
Strathcona was established in 1924 by Mrs Florence Livingstone and Miss Henrietta Hughes, with a small number of pupils, both boys and girls. Between 1940 and 1942, the school was leased by Miss Bessie Sweetland. In 1942, the Baptist Union of Victoria purchased the school to be used as a school for girls, and has managed it since.
In 1970, the school purchased 'Tay Creggan' in Yarra Street Hawthorn. This is the school's Year 9 campus.
It is the earliest Baptist girls school in Australia.
Mandatos/Fontes de autoridade
Officer in charge: Glen Turnbull (archivist)
Políticas de gestão e entrada de documentos
The history of the school as an independent non-denominational school (1924-1942) and as a Baptist Girls Grammar School (since 1943).
Photographs, magazines, administrative records, ephemera, artwork and academic records from 1924. Most school photographs and school magazines from 1924 until the mid 1970s have been scanned, and are available following an email request.
Instrumentos de pesquisa, guias e publicações
The school publishes the annual magazine, the Strathconian, at the end of every year. The school also publishes the StrathCourier magazine, and this is published at the end of every term.
área de acesso
horário de funcionamento
Open Tuesday afternoons during the school term time.
Condição de acesso e uso
Wheelchair access is provided.
área de serviços
serviços de pesquisa
Research requests should be made in writing before you visit the school.
serviços de reprodução
Zona do controlo
Identificador da descrição
Identificador da instituição
Regras ou convenções utilizadas
Nível de detalhe
Datas de criação, revisão ou eliminação
Revised 14 April 2018
Línguas e escritas
Notas de manutenção
Pontos de acesso
Pontos de acesso
Educação (Thematic area)
Área de transferência
34 Scott Street, Canterbury Melbourne, Victoria 3126