Strathcona Baptist Girls Grammar School is a private girls school that caters for girls from Early Learning to Year 12.
Strathcona was established in 1924 by Mrs Florence Livingstone and Miss Henrietta Hughes, with a small number of pupils, both boys and girls. Between 1940 and 1942, the school was leased by Miss Bessie Sweetland. In 1942, the Baptist Union of Victoria purchased the school to be used as a school for girls, and has managed it since.
In 1970, the school purchased 'Tay Creggan' in Yarra Street Hawthorn. This is the school's Year 9 campus.
It is the earliest Baptist girls school in Australia.
Textes de référence
Officer in charge: Glen Turnbull (archivist)
Gestion des archives courantes et intermédiaires et politiques de collecte
The history of the school as an independent non-denominational school (1924-1942) and as a Baptist Girls Grammar School (since 1943).
Photographs, magazines, administrative records, ephemera, artwork and academic records from 1924. Most school photographs and school magazines from 1924 until the mid 1970s have been scanned, and are available following an email request.
Instruments de recherche, guides et publications
The school publishes the annual magazine, the Strathconian, at the end of every year. The school also publishes the StrathCourier magazine, and this is published at the end of every term.
Zone de l'accès
Open Tuesday afternoons during the school term time.
Conditions d'accès et d'utilisation
Wheelchair access is provided.
Zone des services offerts
Services d'aide à la recherche
Research requests should be made in writing before you visit the school.
Services de reproduction
Zone du contrôle
Identifiant de la description
Identifiant du service d'archives
Règles et/ou conventions utilisées
Niveau de détail
Dates de production, de révision et de suppression
Revised 14 April 2018
Notes relatives à la mise à jour de la notice
Éducation (Thematic area)
34 Scott Street, Canterbury Melbourne, Victoria 3126