Strathcona Baptist Girls Grammar School is a private girls school that caters for girls from Early Learning to Year 12.
Strathcona was established in 1924 by Mrs Florence Livingstone and Miss Henrietta Hughes, with a small number of pupils, both boys and girls. Between 1940 and 1942, the school was leased by Miss Bessie Sweetland. In 1942, the Baptist Union of Victoria purchased the school to be used as a school for girls, and has managed it since.
In 1970, the school purchased 'Tay Creggan' in Yarra Street Hawthorn. This is the school's Year 9 campus.
It is the earliest Baptist girls school in Australia.
Mandatos/Fuentes de autoridad
Officer in charge: Glen Turnbull (archivist)
Administración de registros y políticas de recolección
The history of the school as an independent non-denominational school (1924-1942) and as a Baptist Girls Grammar School (since 1943).
Photographs, magazines, administrative records, ephemera, artwork and academic records from 1924. Most school photographs and school magazines from 1924 until the mid 1970s have been scanned, and are available following an email request.
Instrumentos de descripción, guías y publicaciones
The school publishes the annual magazine, the Strathconian, at the end of every year. The school also publishes the StrathCourier magazine, and this is published at the end of every term.
Área de acceso
Horario de apertura
Open Tuesday afternoons during the school term time.
Condiciones de acceso y requisitos
Wheelchair access is provided.
Área de servicios
Servicios para la investigación
Research requests should be made in writing before you visit the school.
Servicios de reproducción
Área de control
Identificador de la descripción
Identificador de la institución
Reglas y/o convenciones usadas
Estado de elaboración
Nivel de detalle
Fechas de creación, revisión o eliminación
Revised 14 April 2018
Notas de mantención
Puntos de acceso
Puntos de acceso
Educación (Thematic area)
34 Scott Street, Canterbury Melbourne, Victoria 3126