Primary contact34 Scott Street, Canterbury
Melbourne, Victoria 3126
Strathcona Baptist Girls Grammar School is a private girls school that caters for girls from Early Learning to Year 12.
Strathcona was established in 1924 by Mrs Florence Livingstone and Miss Henrietta Hughes, with a small number of pupils, both boys and girls. Between 1940 and 1942, the school was leased by Miss Bessie Sweetland. In 1942, the Baptist Union of Victoria purchased the school to be used as a school for girls, and has managed it since.
In 1970, the school purchased 'Tay Creggan' in Yarra Street Hawthorn. This is the school's Year 9 campus.
For further information on the history of the school, see https://www.strathcona.vic.edu.au/our-school/culture/