Primary contactLevel 4, Aikenhead Wing, 27 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy
Melbourne, Victoria 3065
St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne was founded in 1893 by the Sisters of Charity, pioneers in Australian healthcare, particularly directed to those most in need. Today the hospital operates over 17 sites including its original base in the inner suburb of Fitzroy, and the Caritas Christi Hospice and St George's Hospital campuses in Kew.
The hospital's history is well documented in published histories and biographies including Bryan Egan's centenary history "Ways of a Hospital: St Vincent's Melbourne 1890s-1990s"
The hospital archives was established in 2000. More information on the foundation of this service can be found in an article by B. Cytowicz in News Notes, Archives and Manuscripts, Vol 30, No 2 (November 2002).