Primary contact15 Harbour Street, Wollongong Postal address: Locked Bag 42, Wollongong 2500
Wollongong, New South Wales 2500
15 Harbour Street, Wollongong
Locked Bag 42, Wollongong 2500
St Mary's is a Catholic girls' school that caters for students from years 7 to 12. It has its origins in the nineteenth century.
Under the guidance of Archbishop Bede Polding, in 1873 the Sisters of the Good Samaritan sailed from Sydney to Wollongong to set up a parish school. In 1875 five sisters opened a superior boarding school and day high school. The school had primary classes and students who were sitting for the Junior University examinations.
In 1993, the college was incorporated, coming under the control of a Board of Directors of eight people. Two Good Samaritan Sisters were directors. The board reported to the Members of the Company: five Good Samaritan Sisters. The role of the board is to guide the college to maximise the educational and technological opportunities available to the students. For further information, see http://stmarys.nsw.edu.au/our-college/board-of-directors
For further information about the history of the college, see http://stmarys.nsw.edu.au/our-college/college-history