At a meeting on 17 October 1867, members of the Mosquito Yacht Club resolved to form the "Prince Alfred Yacht Club", having received permission from Alfred, Duke of Edinburgh to use the name. The Royal Prefix was authorised in 1911. During the 1950s the centre of activity moved to its present location in Pittwater, New South Wales.
The club premises and marinas are located at Green Point, Newport on Pittwater, conducting yacht and centreboard racing and cruising both inshore and offshore. Members have taken part in Olympic Games since 1964 including the Olympic Games, Paralympic Games and Special Olympic Games. Members have also participated in all significant yacht races both in Australia and internationally.
Mandaat/bronnen van bevoegdheid
The club is a company limited by guarantee with an elected Board of Directors and Flag Officers. A General Manager / Secretary and a significant staff of approximately 150 services the premises and members.
Records management and collecting policies
In development (as at August 2018).
Clubhouse, slipway hard stand areas, concessionaires building and separate training centre and extensive car parking facilities.
Some original documents, manuscripts histories, various publications, photographs, historical and modern trophies and other memorabilia.
Toegangen, gidsen en publicaties
Not open to the public.
Raadpleegvoorwaarden en -eisen
Identificatie van de beschrijving
Identificatiecode van de instelling
Toegepaste regels en/of conventies
Niveau van detaillering
Datering van aanmaak, herziening of verwijdering
Created 20 August 2018
Recreation / Leisure / Sports (Thematic area)
Mitala Street, Newport Sydney, New South Wales 2106