Primary contact6 Morrison Street, Como
Perth, Western Australia 6152
Penrhos College is an independent, Uniting Church, day and boarding school for girls, catering for Pre-Kindergarten to Year 12, located in Como, a southern suburb of Perth with its beginnings in the 1950s.
In 1952 St Anne’s School in Angelo Street, South Perth was purchased by the Methodist Ladies' College (MLC), Claremont and it opened as the Methodist Ladies' College, South Perth with an enrolment of around 110 students. The school financially separated from MLC Claremont in 1958.
The change of name to Penrhos Methodist Ladies' College (Penrhos MLC) was approved and announced by College Council in 1963 and became effective the following year. Then in 1975 the name changed to Penrhos College.
In 1976 Kobeelya, a girls’ boarding school in Katanning, was taken over by Penrhos College. Kobeelya remained open until June 1986.