Penleigh and Essendon Grammar School has its origins in 1871 with the foundation of Dorset House Ladies' School for girls, and in 1872 with the foundation of Carlton College for boys.
These schools continued their commitment to excellence in education through name changes and mergers, culminating in the amalgamation of Penleigh Presbyterian Ladies' College and Essendon Grammar School in 1977 which formed the current Penleigh and Essendon Grammar School.
Known locally as PEGS, the school caters for students beginning with the co-educational kindergarten in Essendon. The primary years of Prep to Year 6 are offered at the Junior School (girls) campus in Moonee Ponds and the Junior School (boys) campus in Essendon. The flagship Keilor East campus is home to the separate Middle School (girls) and Middle School (boys) sections for Years 7 to 10, as well as the combined Senior School section for Years 11 and 12.
Contexto geográfico y cultural
Mandatos/Fuentes de autoridad
Officer in charge: School Archivist
Administración de registros y políticas de recolección
Records relating to Penleigh and Essendon Grammar School and the school’s predecessor organisations:
Dorset House Ladies’ School
Ascot Vale Girls’ High School
St Thomas’ Grammar School
Penleigh Girls’ School
Penleigh Presbyterian Girls’ School
Penleigh Presbyterian Ladies' College
Northern Presbyterian College
Northern Grammar School
Essendon Grammar School.
Administrative records Photographic material Audiovisual material, including oral histories Textiles, including school uniforms, flags and banners Former Students’ Association publications, including Altior et sapientior School publications, including: