Primary contactMolong Historical Museum, Cnr Riddell and Gidley Streets, Molong Postal address: PO Box 119, Molong NSW 2866
Molong, New South Wales 2866
The Molong Historical Society Inc acquired the museum building in 1970 with the assistance of the Molong Shire Council and opened it to the public in November 1970. The building was constructed in 1856 as the the Golden Fleece Hotel and continued as a hotel, then was used by doctors as a surgery and residence.
The museum displays an extensive collection of local history and heritage items, including material related to Molong’s Fairbridge Farm School. From 1938 to the 1970s many British child migrants arrived at the Farm School.
Museum displays include material relating to Aboriginal people and colonial settlement and wartime memorabilia and a room that is dedicated to a permanent exhibition on the Fairbridge Farm School.