Contacto principal86 Anderson Street South Yarra
Melbourne, Victoria 3141
Melbourne Girls' Grammar, is an independent, Anglican, day and boarding school for girls, located in South Yarra, an inner city suburb of Melbourne. It delivers education for girls from Early Learning to Year 12 for more than 125 years.
It was originally established as an academic school for girls in 1893. In 1898 the Registrar of the Melbourne Church of England Diocese, purchased the school and in 1903 the school became the first Anglican school for girls in Victoria, known simply as the Church of England Girls Grammar School.
The Melbourne Girls Grammar Archives was first established in 1998 to ensure the collection, retention and preservation of the school’s tangible and intangible history.
The Archives provides access to the extensive historical holdings of the school to students, staff and to the wider community, for research and general historical interest. Melbourne Girls Grammar, through its former students and staff, has made a significant contribution to girls’ education, and to the cultural capital of Victorian and Australian society.