Lowther Hall was established in 1920 when two small schools, Essendon’s Winstow Girls School and Blinkbonnie Ladies’ College in Moonee Ponds, joined as one. Lowther Hall is named after former Archbishop of Melbourne, Henry Lowther Clarke.
Afton College of Essendon amalgamated with the school in the 1930s.
Since its establishment, Lowther Hall has grown to become one of Melbourne’s leading girls’ schools, providing an excellent education to approximately 800 students from Kindergarten to Year 12.
Contexte géographique et culturel
Textes de référence
Gestion des archives courantes et intermédiaires et politiques de collecte
Records relating to the establishment in 1920 and day-to-day running of Lowther Hall Anglican Grammar School (formerly known as Lowther Hall Church of England Grammar School). Limited records also relating to the School's predecessor organisations: Blinkbonnie Ladies' College, Winstow Ladies' College and Afton College.
Administrative records, including:
School Council records, 1920- present
Enrolment and attendance records 1920- present.
School publications, including:
The Chronicle (school magazine), 1920- present
Annual Report/Year in Review, 1992- present
Lowther News, 1966- present.
Photographic material. Audiovisual material. Textiles, including school uniforms, flags and banners.
Quantity: 140 shelf metres
Instruments de recherche, guides et publications
Pyke, Alvin D, The Gold The Blue: A History of Lowther Hall, 1981.
Zone de l'accès
Open by appointment only. General reference assistance available.
Conditions d'accès et d'utilisation
All records are closed until requested. Written permission required from Principal for some groups of records.
Zone des services offerts
Services d'aide à la recherche
Services de reproduction
Zone du contrôle
Identifiant de la description
Identifiant du service d'archives
Règles et/ou conventions utilisées
Niveau de détail
Dates de production, de révision et de suppression