Contacto principal36 Button Street, Mowbray Heights Postal address: PO Box 136, Mowbray Heights 7248
Launceston, Tasmania 7248
Founded in 1846, Launceston Church Grammar School (Launceston Grammar) is an Anglican co-educational independent school catering for Early Learning through to Grade 12. The Boarding House can host up to 80 students from Grades 5 to 12.
Launceston Grammar amalgamated with Nathan's Launceston High School in 1913 and Broadland House Church of England Girls' Grammar School (BHS) in 1982.
As the longest continuously operating independent school in Australia, Launceston Grammar has buildings and property of heritage value. The DV Gunn Archives is the custodian of significant memorabilia - items that resonate with school and individual identity, and history.
Launceston Grammar is located in Launceston, Tasmania, Australia. There are two Campuses and two sports grounds. Broadland Park playing field is the site of a colonial cemetery where many people are buried, including four First Fleeters.
The School is closely affiliated with the Old Launcestonians’ Association (OLA) and the Broadland House Old Girls’ Association (BHOGA).
The Heritage Listed War Memorial Chapel located at the Senior Campus is a significant building of value to the whole community. The building features striking stained glass and the narthex holds honour boards listing the names of Old Boys and Girls who have served Australia in many conflicts.
Broadland House is a Heritage Listed Georgian town house of rare rammed earth construction, and is now the administration block of the Junior Campus.