Primary contact2 Campbell Street, Young
Young, New South Wales 2594
The Lambing Flat Folk Museum is run by the Young Historical Society Inc.
The society was formed in 1958 following a public meeting called by the Mayor of Young at the request of the Young Municipal Council. The society commenced to collect historical material to form the nucleus of a museum. Initially items were displayed in a room at the South West Library. In 1967 the museum moved to the old Presbyterian Church building, on the corner of Lynch and Marina Streets. Later the museum moved to its current location in the Community Arts Centre, Young.