Founded in 1912, De La Salle is an independent Catholic College for boys in Years 4–12 and is located on two adjacent campuses in Malvern - Tiverton campus on High Street and Kinnoull, the senior campus.
Three Irish brothers, Br Dunstan Drumm, Br Leopold Loughran and Br Jerome Foley, arrived in Melbourne in1912. They began teaching 54 boys in the St Joseph’s Parish Hall - the beginnings of De La Salle College. In 1929 the college moved from the first school building in Stanhope Street West to the new Tower Building, erected on the site of the present Tiverton Campus.
Geografische en culturele context
Mandaat/bronnen van bevoegdheid
Officer-in-charge: College Archivist
Records management and collecting policies
Records relating to:
the history, function, operation and development of De La Salle College, Malvern and the wider school community; and
present and past staff, students and De La Salle Brothers who may have taught at the college.
School magazines and newsletters Headmasters’ correspondence Old Collegians' Association files Architectural drawings Uniforms, trophies and shields General and class photographs and audiovisual material Student records College Council minutes. Quantity: 150 m
Toegangen, gidsen en publicaties
Open by appointment only.
Raadpleegvoorwaarden en -eisen
Advance notice of a visit is required. All records are closed until they are requested at which time an assessment will be made of their availability.
General reference assistance is available via mail, telephone, and email.
Onsite copying services are provided for black and white and colour copies up to A3 size. Photographic copies of items including paper documents and photographs are available on request.
Identificatie van de beschrijving
Identificatiecode van de instelling
Toegepaste regels en/of conventies
Niveau van detaillering
Datering van aanmaak, herziening of verwijdering
Revised 5 April 2018
Education (Thematic area)
Religion (Thematic area)
1318 High Street, Malvern Melbourne, Victoria 3144