The Clare History Group has gathered an extensive range of material, covering the history of Clare and the surrounding villages, and to some surrounding townships.
The large range of material covers items of historical value such as:
- Clare's Northern Argus from 1869 to the present (or use Trove at the National Library's website)
- The South Australia Register for the years 1836-1874 (or use Trove at the National Library website)
- Church, School and Council records from the earliest days of the settlement in the area.
- A Cemetery Index of all known burials and headstones in the immediate vicinity.
- The Abbott Index to names in The Northern Argus and other early South Australian papers.
- The Pattullo Land History of Clare, detailing transactions for the area of the Hutt River Special Survey,1841-1990.
- Digger CDs for the the State Index to Births (1842-1928), Deaths (1842-1972) and Marriages (1842-1937) for the whole of South Australia. (The Group's local index extends beyond these dates slightly).
- The Group's own Index of local material, arranged by surname, subject and locality is in development.
The collection also includes an extensive library of books published about the area, as well as family and district histories.