Established in 1902 as a day and boarding school for girls from Kindergarten to Year 12, Annesley was first known as Methodist Ladies College and consisted of 19 students. The College was originally located at Malvern before relocating in 1904 to its current home adjacent Greenhill Road at Rose Terrace, Wayville.
It was not until 1977 that the College was re-named Annesley College following the amalgamation of the Methodist, Presbyterian and Congregational Churches to form the Uniting Church in Australia. The college was named after Susanna Annesley, the mother of Methodist Church founder, John Wesley.
In 2012 Annesley began a new chapter in our school’s history as Annesley Junior School, associated with the Uniting Church. We are a co-educational school offering a contemporary inquiry-based learning environment for students from two years of age through to Year 6.
Contexte géographique et culturel
Textes de référence
Gestion des archives courantes et intermédiaires et politiques de collecte
The Archives collects official school records and papers of people and organisations closely associated with the school.
Instruments de recherche, guides et publications
Zone de l'accès
Open by appointment. Closed on weekends, public holidays, school holidays.
Conditions d'accès et d'utilisation
Application indicating subject of research required two weeks in advance. Closed period of 30 years applies to most records. Access to records not normally available for research can be gained with the authority of the Principal.