Established in 1902 as a day and boarding school for girls from Kindergarten to Year 12, Annesley was first known as Methodist Ladies College and consisted of 19 students. The College was originally located at Malvern before relocating in 1904 to its current home adjacent Greenhill Road at Rose Terrace, Wayville.
It was not until 1977 that the College was re-named Annesley College following the amalgamation of the Methodist, Presbyterian and Congregational Churches to form the Uniting Church in Australia. The college was named after Susanna Annesley, the mother of Methodist Church founder, John Wesley.
In 2012 Annesley began a new chapter in our school’s history as Annesley Junior School, associated with the Uniting Church. We are a co-educational school offering a contemporary inquiry-based learning environment for students from two years of age through to Year 6.
Contexto geográfico y cultural
Mandatos/Fuentes de autoridad
Administración de registros y políticas de recolección
The Archives collects official school records and papers of people and organisations closely associated with the school.
Instrumentos de descripción, guías y publicaciones
Área de acceso
Horario de apertura
Open by appointment. Closed on weekends, public holidays, school holidays.
Condiciones de acceso y requisitos
Application indicating subject of research required two weeks in advance. Closed period of 30 years applies to most records. Access to records not normally available for research can be gained with the authority of the Principal.